Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
1. Do you play computer games just for relaxation (mmorpgs, modern shooters etc.)? 2. Do you think that making games professionally kills the passion to play computer games just for fun? 3. What is the longest amount of time you have spent on the computer in one day? 4. What's your advice to other computer geeks on how to stay in shape? 5. Enjoy and be creative! :)
1. I pay a ton of Minecraft, and I burn through a lot of casual mobile stuff. I do find it hard to find games that work the way I want them to. I guess I have very specific tastes that are not necessarily contemporary. Also, there’s a lot of games I’d like to play, but which aren’t child friendly, so I never get around to seeing them.
2. No reason why it should, other than not having the time. I do think the big console games require an investment in time that is a real barrier to people with jobs and children, and so on. I don’t have 36 hours to invest in a game just to open it up and see where it goes.
3. 24 hours developing various Broken Sword’s ;) Playing… I dunno, probably 14 hours or so on Elite, back in the day.
4. google “insanity workout”. Come on Y’All!
So, what are your plans for the near future? When do you, Charles and other team members plan to start working on new projects? Does Revolution still have some kind of office where you meet or do you work from home? You guys still meet, don't you? ;)
Hi, well, the rewards stuff is *nearly* finished with, so there are the beginnings of discussions about a new game. I’ll be returning to work on updates for iBASS, bs1 and bs2 mobile shortly.
We don’t have an office, but see yesterday’s post, here - https://www.facebook.com/brokenswordofficial
I am now thinking of Broken Sword question I had from years back :P In Broken Sword 3, what is that bit about where you can go to see the Eiffel Tower along the Seine and why is it so hidden? (giving lipstick to the skaterboy and getting no reaction open the path). Was that area ever intended to be for a purpose originally, part of a puzzle etc. or was it always an empty location? Thank Tony :)
Hey - i think it was just extra map that was going to be used but then wasn’t required. So the implementors on that section just made it into a mini easter egg instead. …I think :)
Hello Tony! Have you had a chance to look at Swift yet? Would you recommend learning objective-c first for just getting into development with iOS? Can't wait rev's next project :)
Hi, no, I’ve not looked at it yet. I believe it’s pretty decent. But I’d recommend learning a bare minimum of swift/obj-c and doing all the rest - e.g. your actual app - in C++, because then most of your code will run on other platforms. Note the pain I am going through setting up a NativeActivity project on Android, but once I have it, I’ll be able to write iOS/Android with minimal platform interference. This is the path to enlightenment ;)
ohoh Tony, all these lattes and macchiatos and ... almond croissants...
It’s not what we fought for, is it?
*squints to see the board in the shop* £2.20 for a hot chocolate? Blimey.... is that normal for the price of a hot drink in a cafe nowadays or is that just really over priced? They probably only make it with powder anyway!
tbh, though, the place is actually pretty cheap, for York. I’m getting a very decent coffee for less than £2 which is less than we pay at the big chains. Of course, I preferred paying 50p or less in Ukraine :)
Page 1 of 158